Friday, August 23, 2013

Beach Finds...

Spent a few days during the months of July and August wandering the beaches, already blogged about my first couple of finds and here's a few other "interesting" things I found. A couple are kinda gross, but still intriguing when I wonder how far away they came from. 

Vertebrae from what I think was a whale?
Here's what was left of it...
Found a float!!
Covered in barnacles.
Road to a beach...
Tangled fences due to the tsunami on March 11, 2011
Trees planted, each with their own little shield.
These are just to the west of the beach.
Can you see the float?! Second one of the day!!
This poor dead turtle had to drift hundreds of miles
to end up on a beach this far north.
I think it's a Loggerhead Sea Turtle, they are found
in Southern parts of Japan.
Headed back to the highway.
The trees are leaning from the tsunami.
And the wild hydrangeas were pretty too.


Up next: Jodogahama

No comments:

Post a Comment