Friday, May 16, 2014

Random Happenings of May

Lots of things happening in May that weren't substantial enough for individual posts, so it's time for another compilation of randomness!
May 1st I took a drive and wandered some beaches...found some beautiful coastline and a ton of sea glass.

So tragic! I'm sure it was a beautiful float!
I only picked up large pieces of glass today. This is just some
of what I got. These pieces are all parts of broken glass floats,
some are sealing "buttons," a couple are makers marks.

________________________________________

Had a date night (well deserved after not seeing each other for the last 8 1/2 weeks!) and checked out a restaurant we'd been meaning to try for a long time. Aburi An is a nice yakiniku place. We weren't disappointed. Everything was wonderful!

Left to right: cabbage, soup, kimchi, salad, 3 kinds of beef
with vegetables and rice.
Marbled beef.
Scallops! Yum!
Chicken meatballs.

________________________________________

I've been hitting the beaches and wandering quite frequently. Always eyes open for glass floats, it's still an obsession even though I've found 6 by now. Last year I found a total of 4 and so far this year I've added 2 to the collection. Well, I had a very lucky day! I found 4 today! Wooohooo! Happy dances on the beach!

My first green!
Toothbrush is just for size comparison.
Love the coral growing on a couple of them!

________________________________________

Just enjoying the view and  my special edition cherry flavored chu-hi.


________________________________________

Another all day beach wandering excursion toward the middle of May...no floats but some great scenery, spring flowers and even some company on the beach!

Japanese serow wandering the beach too!
Snake in a bottle. Freaked me out. Later that day I found out
there's a brand of sake the has a snake in the bottle...which
would explain this...gross.
Azaleas in Wakinosawa. 
Whale island in Wakinosawa.
I think this rock looks like a bird...?
Sooo many shells on this beach.
Rape blossoms (canola blossoms).
Prepping the fields for rice planting.
Tragic :(

________________________________________

Lunch at a little Italian place just outside the Main Gate. Acciugas. Great food, ended up being more pricey than we expected for lunch, but we also were unable to try the lunch specials because they weren't written in English (we've heard they usually are). Oh well, we just ordered off the menu and things were yummy!

Salad and cabbage/bacon soup.
Woodcutter's favorite: topped with mountain vegetables such
 as mushrooms. Made with tomato sauce, mozzarella and ham.
Spaghetti Pesucatore: tomato sauce with soft shrimp, squid,
octopus, small scallop, mussel and short-neck clam.

Up next: Takayama Inari Shrine & Tsugaru Peninsula

No comments:

Post a Comment